Certifications that align to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK) are some of the most popular in the industry, with the PMBoK often classed as an industry standard… what project managers need to keep in mind though is that it’s just one of many ‘industry standards’ along with methodologies such as PRINCE2 and a growing number of Agile methods. As with all certifications, PM’s need to get a feel for which methodologies are in use in their local job markets – or applicable to a specific upcoming project you are aiming for.
PMBoK Certifications are offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI), the PMI offer the following credentials and certifications:
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)
For more information about PMBOK, check out the Project Management Institute.